Week 5 Stream 3: Architecture in Love
I started with the idea of architects in love-the potential for humor is obvious. But I like even better the idea of architecture in love. Can buildings feel? Do they feel for each other? It must be lonely to be up there all day and all night, all dressed up (gleaming metal, light sprinting up your facade) with nowhere to go...

Chrysler Building early construction

Chrysler Building construction, 1929


Higher and higher on the Chrysler, the tallest building in the world from 1930-31
Then a new building was started, reaching to scrape the sky

It was called the Empire State Building and soon it was the tallest building in the world.









Chrysler Building early construction

Chrysler Building construction, 1929


Higher and higher on the Chrysler, the tallest building in the world from 1930-31
Then a new building was started, reaching to scrape the sky
It was called the Empire State Building and soon it was the tallest building in the world.








1 Comments:
I'm so glad Chip and Jessica got together--they make a great couple. Let's hear it for New York icons getting together!!
Post a Comment
<< Home