Turnstiles

While snapping this image, the booth operator yelled out to me to stop taking pictures, saying it was illegal. I’ve heard (in class?) that the photography ban never went through, and so I started to get my back up. Eventually, though, I realized that there was no winning this fight. I held my tongue and went on my way.
I did regret not having brought documentation about the legality of taking pictures; I imagined an Annie Hall-like moment similar to when Woody brings Marshal McLuhan out to deflate the blowhard Columbia professor in line for a movie. Today, I found it difficult to find a definitive answer on the MTA site. More info. may be available here: http://www.nycsubway.org/photoban.html.
Formally, this image offers the turnstile bars as an undirectional graphic vector and is an example of horizontal framing. The arrow at the top of the image also acts as an index vector. Lighting from the flash is evident, though there are some attached shadows on the woman to the right of the frame.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home